UWIS signed a contract with Psychological Developmental Center SEAR. SEAR ‘s head office is located in U.S., however since February 2016 SEAR’s branch office is actively working in Bishkek. Center is going to provide all necessary psychological services to UWIS by implementing its program for the students, teachers and parents.
During the year there will be seminars for everyone once per month in three languages. We highly recommend you to participate and let yourself get updated information about learning process, parenting tips, adolescence behavior, motivation, inter-family communication and other vital topics. If you have any questions, please feel free to come to our psychologist office.
The goal of the school psychology program is to help children succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally. We achieve our goal by working together with teachers, parents, and outside agencies to create a positive and supportive learning environment and strengthen the connections between home, school, and the community for all students.
UWIS’s School Psychologist will work with students to:
- Provide intervention, instruction, and mentoring for those struggling with social, emotional, and behavioral problems;
- Increase achievement by assessing barriers to learning and determining the best;
instructional strategies to improve learning
- Enhance understanding and acceptance of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
The School Psychologist will work with students and their families to:
- Identify and address learning and behavior problems that interfere with school success;
- Evaluate eligibility for Student Support Services (within a multidisciplinary team);
- Administer psycho-educational evaluation as needed;
- Support students’ social, emotional and behavioral health;
- Teach parenting skills and enhance home-school collaboration;
- Make referrals and help coordinative community support services.
The School Psychologist will work with teachers to:
- Identify and resolve barriers to learning;
- Design and implement progress monitoring;
- Design and implement academic behavioral interventions;
- Create positive classroom environments;
- Motivate all students to engage in learning.
Office: UWIS, 2nd floor
Office hours: 08:30-17:00
Monday ,Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
School Psychologist: Ms. Bermet
Health and safety
Our school also provides exceptional Health Centre, which is located on the first floor of the Elementary School building. Students in need have access to one full-time registered doctor.
Our school pays a great amount of attention to the social and personal development of our students besides academic excellence. We provide all necessary facilities and support all the initiatives for our students to participate in extra-curricular activities and clubs. Our student clubs are coordinated by experiences teachers and are highly active not only within
the school community, but also contribute to the development and well being of our local community.
Camps & Overseas Trips
UWIS students do not spend all of their time in the classroom. Students and their parents in Grades 6-11 go on one week-long trip every year. In addition, the vast majority of students will go on other trips either within Paris, around France or other countries, as part of different courses that they take, or as part of an Extended Curriculum Program. These trips can be for part of a day (for example to a museum). Some students may also take part in the school’s humanitarian project, where a group of students and teachers from UWIS goes to Turkey during the summer break to support other children and teachers working in a school with a significantly different level of resources to that enjoyed at UWIS. A trip to England or the USA may be arranged for a group of students to study the language and learn about the country.
There is no distinction between summer and winter uniforms – students should dress for their personal comfort, choosing long or short sleeved shirts and sweatshirts to suit the weather.
|Bottoms||Dark blue skirt||Dark blue trousers|
Physical Education Uniform
All students must wear PE uniforms only on the days that they have PE.
All P.E. uniform is now available from the school. A tracksuit is also available designed to be suitable for all weathers and sports.
The PE uniform consists of:
|PE Uniform||All Students|
|Tops||Dark blue PE T-shirt with UWIS logo and tracksuit top|
|Bottoms||Dark blue PE tracksuit trousers|